I hope that everyone has been enjoying the presidents series. I am about 2/3 of the way through #8 on the list, so look for it in about a week’s time. We started out with 41 reviews ahead of us, and now there are only 15 left. At the same time, I am looking forward to some new projects on the Countdown. These include:
1. Going through the top 300 or 400 songs of the 1960s. (I haven’t decided on the exact number yet.)
2. A Rock and Roll Hall of Fame pyramid similar to Bill Simmons’ in The Book of Basketball. That is, what if we had to objectively place every Hall of Famer into a category of greatness, from the barely-made-its (Level 1), to the all-time greats (Level 5)?
3. Some corrections to the All-Star Senate, or perhaps a version 2.0, suggesting what it would look like if we limited our scope to senators of the 20th and 21st centuries.
4. Possibly, my own stab at the 100 Greatest NBA players of all time.
5. Finally (and the one I’m most excited about), I hope to include two lists of 100– the 100 Architects of Modern Conservatism, and the 100 Architects of Modern Liberalism. This would focus purely on post-1945 Americans, but would include thinkers, office-holders, organizers, celebrities, and so on.
So, never fear! There’s always another list or another ranking on the horizon in Northumbria.